Tickets and Prices
Our centre, gift shop and museum are open at these times:
|January||Weekends and Bank Holidays 10.00am - 4.30pm|
|February||Every day 10.00am - 4.30pm|
|March - September||Every day 10.00am - 5.30pm|
|October||Every day 10.00am - 4.30pm|
|November - December||Weekends and Bank Holidays 10.00am - 4.30pm|
Closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Please note that the car park closes half an hour after the Museum and Visitor Centre.
There is no charge to visit the Creswell Crags site or to walk around the lake and gorge. It is also free to visit the shop and coffee shop.
There is a £3 charge for all day parking (the ticket machines require exact change - change is available from reception).
|Exhibition Entry||£3 adults, £2 concessions, £1.50 children|
|Ice Age Cave Tour||£9.00 adults, £7.50 concessions, £6.00 children
Includes exhibition entry
|Rock Art Cave Tour||£9.00 adults, £7.50 concessions, £6.00 children
Includes exhibition entry
March to September only
Book a Cave Tour
Rules and Regulations
We welcome intrepid explorers and your safety is extremely important to us. To ensure everyone has a happy and safe trip to our caves, we have a set of rules which we ask all visitors to adhere to:
- Children under 5 are not permitted in the caves, and children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- All visitors must be willing to wear a helmet when in the caves, and must consent to the caves being secured from the inside while the tour is in progress.
- Unfortunately dogs are not allowed in the caves unless they are support dogs. In this instance we ask that you let us know in advance so that we can make appropriate arrangements.
- Cancellations made 48 hours in advance are entitled to a full refund (unless it is a private group booking, as we may not be able to recover staff costs).
- Visitors must report to the front desk a minimum of 10 minutes before the start of their tour. We will always try to accommodate late arrivals by booking visitors onto the next available tour, but please be aware that on busy days there may not be any available spaces.
- We have cave spiders at Creswell Crags. Whilst large, they are harmless. If you have a severe phobia, please alert a member of staff.
Pin Hole Cave & Collection
New for 2018! Exclusive tour of Pin Hole Cave. Experience a rare opportunity to explore one of our longest caves, which still contains undisturbed archaeology. Unearth the history and discover the archaeology of Creswell Crags. This tour includes a visit to our Collections Store where we keep the unique items discovered on this site.
This tour is only available on special occasions and for pre-booked group visits.
This is a working archeological space which will be of particular interest to specialist groups.
Casual clothing and sensible shoes essential. Contact us for more details.
We are extremely proud to be the home of a number of species of bat. As part of our commitment to Bat Conservation, there will be periods during the roosting season where we need to restrict access to some caves. Please check our website for more information about cave tours.